All support groups are FREE and everyone is welcome!
Breastfeeding Support Groups:
- Milk Monologues (every Wednesday @ 1:00pm)
- This breastfeeding support groups for infants (non-mobile) is our longest running support group and meets every Wednesday at 1:00 pm. While breastfeeding support is the group’s main focus, we have found that it is also a driving force for discussions related to parenting, returning to work, interacting with grandparents etc. It is our gauge for what our client-families are concerned about, interested in and topics that may need to be addressed by Educated Mommy. A Certified Lactation Counselor facilitates this group.
- Meet Sarah!
Babywearing Support Groups:
- Babywearing Basics (1st Wednesday @ 6:30pm and 3rd Saturday @ 9:00am)
- This support group is for parents who have decided to babywear and have questions or would like to expand their babywearing knowledge. Our Certified Babywearing Instructors facilitate Babywearing Basics and Babywearing 102.
- Babywearing 102 (2nd Saturday @ 3:00pm and 4th Tuesday @ 6:30pm)
- This group supports families who are currently babywearing and want to learn more. The group is meant to extend the babywearing experience by helping the family babywear through the infant’s developmental stages, while keeping the child safe. Our Certified Babywearing Instructors facilitate Babywearing Basics and Babywearing 102.
Parenting/Mother Support Groups:
- Mommies Matter – A Post-Partum Support Group (Every 3rd Saturday @ 3:00pm)
- Mommies Matter supports mothers in the first year post-partum with their emotional health. Led by a licensed therapist, mothers are able to come speak in a non-judgemental, confidential setting.
- Meet Rachel!
- Educated Mommies Love Books, Naturally! (approx every 5 weeks)
- Enjoy a night away chatting, learning and engaging with other mommies in our Educated Mommy community!
We meet approximately every 5 weeks. Members choose the book. It is very informal and supportive. Dates can be found on the Educated Mommy Facebook Event Page.